The first one winter storm It will start to feel different in the country from the end of this Monday November 20th. According to information shared by the National Meteorological Service (SMN), the bad weather will intensify in the next few hours due to the front frio Number 11 will pulse a mass of polar air that will affect at least six entities of Mexico.
As a result of the first winter storm, meteorological authorities announced that temperatures of up to -10 degrees will be recorded heladas in the northern mountains of the country, mainly in Sonora, Chihuahua and Durango. Likewise, the highest points in Baja California, Coahuila and New Leon can reach up to -5 degrees.
Polar air mass in Mexico will have temperatures as high as -5 degrees in summer
What is the Dana phenomenon and how will temperatures in Mexico affect it?
Where are the temperatures below 0 degrees?
- Minimum temperatures of -5 to 0 °C with temperatures: Sierras of Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango, Mexican state, Puebla and Veracruz.
- Minimum temperatures of 0 to 5 °C: Sierras of Zacatecas, Michoacán, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala and Oaxaca.
As I mentioned, the SMN also informed about the entry of moisture from the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, which will lead to heavy rains in Guerrero and Oaxaca, as well as rains and rains in the West, Center, East and the country, as well as in Quintana Roo.
How to protect yourself from the cold?
With the first connection winter stormthe authorities have shared a series of recommendations with the aim of ensuring that people are healthy and not ill in the cold period.
- Follow the method of the bowl, try with various grips, not only will they heat you better than a thick piece, until you can adapt your heart to the place where you are located.
- Protect the beak, head, hands and ears.
- Bring hot liquids to maintain your body temperature.
- As fruits and vegetables contain vitamin C such as naranja, lemon, guayaba, fresas, ciruelas, pimientos, broccoli, among others.
- Drink plenty of water, preferably over time, to maintain body hydration and allow the body to regulate its temperature better.
- When you go up to a hot place, close your mouth and breathe.
- Avoid frequent changes in temperature in places where you stay with air-conditioned rooms in the weather.