Today there are good signals from the global markets for the Indian markets which have been falling for four consecutive days. Despite deepening banking crisis, US markets closed with gains on Tuesday, Asian markets have also started well.
Dow Jones up after 5 days
The five-day decline in the Dow Jones came to an end on Tuesday. Dow Jones trades with ups and downs and finally closes 336 points higher doing. The S&P500 also closed up 64 points (+1.65%). European markets gained about 2%.
Good start for Asian markets
Asian markets have started well today. SGX Nifty opened at 17,165, at present it is working with a strength of 100 points and is stable above 17200. Japan’s market Nikkei is up by 65 points (+0.25%), China’s market Shanghai Composite is also functioning with more than 0.50% strength. Hong Kong’s market Hang Seng has a strength of more than 450 points (+2.4%). Today Korea’s market Cospi is also showing a speed of 2%.
Crude oil slips, rupee also weakens
Meanwhile, crude oil has slipped 3% yesterday, Brent crude is currently stable at $ 80 per barrel. WTI crude is trading at $72 per barrel.
Due to the Silicon Valley bank crisis, the rupee has weakened against the dollar, the rupee closed at 82.49 with a weakness of 36 paise.
Apart from these, which stocks should you keep an eye on where you can see movement on the basis of news?
Stocks in News
- Reliance Industries: The Competition Commission of India has approved the acquisition of Metro Cash & Carry by Reliance Retail Ventures, the retail arm of Reliance Industries.
- NBCC (India): The company has bagged an order from the Government of Puducherry to set up a Rs 500 crore Government Medical College and Hospital at Karaikal, Puducherry.
- Cipla: The company will sell 51.8% stake in its Ugandan subsidiary Cipla Quality Chemical Industries to Africa Capitalworks SSA 3 for $25-30 million.
- RailTel Corporation of India: The company has received an order from the Central Government for the development of advanced computing for supply, installation, integration, testing and commissioning of IT infrastructure at green field data centers in New Delhi and Bangalore along with training and support. This project is worth Rs 287.57 crore.
- Honeywell Automation India: Honeywell has appointed its President and COO Vimal Kapoor as its next CEO. Kapoor will replace the current chairman and CEO Dariusz Adamjic.
- Elgi Equipments: Elgi Compressors USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, has acquired 33.33% stake in CS Industrial Services.